Before that, I want to share a tip that uninstalling Discord is not as straightforward as other online apps. In the PC discord setting, it keeps always ON to run it on start-up. That’s why it becomes hard to uninstall the Discord app directly. Here, we will learn every step to remove discord from your Windows, MacBook, or iOS and Android devices.
Discord is one of the most popular apps for gaming enthusiasts. Hardcore gamers always prefer to use Discord for communication and voice chat over the network while playing gaming. It is the best alternative for video streaming and gaming to chat with voice, videos, images, and text. You can also add some bots to make your discord experience more interesting. In Discord, you can create channels and groups to join people of the same interests. Discord rapidly updates its features for users to enjoy the best user experience to connect with their people.
How to Uninstall Discord app from Windows?
Well, uninstalling any app from Windows is easy but different according to the versions of Windows you were using. We will uninstall Discord on Windows 7 and Windows 10 interface. Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 have a similar interface. First, we will disable the startup service of the Discord app. Later, we will uninstall it.
Disable Discord Startup service
Disabling the startup programs in Windows are varies from version to version. Windows 7 and Windows 10 interfaces are slightly different for startup programs. For Windows 7, we have to work with MSConfig, whereas in Windows 10, we can do it from the task manager. Let’s see how to do it.
For Windows 10
- On your desktop, right-click on the taskbar.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Click on the Task Manager.
- On the next window, click on the More Details on the lower-left corner.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Now select the Discord app and click on the Disable button on the lower-right corner of the window. That’s it!
For Windows 7
- Click on the Start icon or Windows button from the keyboard.
- Now type MSConfig and hit Enter button.
- Click on the MSConfig program from the search result.
- Now head towards the Startup tab in the System Configuration window.
- You can see many programs which start on system startup. Search for Discord and uncheck it.
- Now click on the Ok button to close the window. That’s it! If you want to disable other programs, you can do it.
Uninstall Discord on Windows 7
Windows 7 interface is easy to uninstall any apps from the system. It’s much simple to remove Discord with the help of a control panel. If you rarely or no longer use Discord on your system, it’s best to remove it, no need to waste your system’s space.
- Click on the upper arrow in the taskbar to quit the Discord app from the system tray. Right-click on the Discord icon and click on Quit Discord.
- On the desktop, click on the Start icon. Now click on the Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click on the Uninstall a program.
- Now select the Discord app, and right-click on it. Now click on Uninstall/Change option.
- That’s it! Now, hold for it to remove Discord from your system.
Alternatively, you can search Programs and Features in the start icon. And then uninstall Discord.
Uninstall Discord on Windows 10
You can also follow the above steps to uninstall the Discord from Windows 10. But the latest build of Windows 10 makes it easier to uninstall any apps from the system. In that, you get a customized option to visit the all apps page. Now let’s see how to do it.
- Before moving to the uninstallation process, we need to quit the app from the system tray. Click on the upper arrow and right-click on the Discord icon. Now hit Quit Discord.
- On your desktop, head over to the Start icon. Now right-click on it and select the Apps and Features option.
- From the listed apps, click on the Discord app.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button. In the permission, click on the Yes and wait for it to remove.
- That’s it! You have successfully removed the Discord app from the system.
These steps we used to remove the Discord app usually as we do with other apps. But this, not the only way to uninstall Discord purely from your system. Somewhere the files may be available, which again shows you the Discord icon after restarting the system. For that, we have to remove folders and files related to the Discord app. Let’s do how it works.
- Open File Explorer in your Windows 10.
- Now click on the View tab and check on Hidden Items to see the hidden files and folders.
- Now go to C:\UserName\AppData and delete the following folders. LocalDiscord and RoamingDiscord.
- Now move and delete the Cache files related to Discord. To find out the cache files, type %appdata% in the path.
- Now find and delete the Discord folder.
- It will remove all the cache files of your Discord app.
How to uninstall the Discord app from a MacBook
Mac users can also easily uninstall Discord from the Mac OS. Discord keeps running in the background like Windows. So first, we will need to end the background processes of Discord. Later we can uninstall it without any error. If we don’t do it, it will show an error. Let’s see how to do it.
- See on the upper right corner if it is showing the Discord icon on the menu bar. Right-click on it and click on the Quit option.
- Now open Mac’s Application folder, which shows all the installed apps programs on your system. You can find the Application folder on the Dock with a blue circle and written A with a paintbrush and pencil.
- Find out the Discord app, which looks like a gamepad in a blue circle.
- Move the Discord app from the application folder to the Trash bin by drag and drop.
- Now move to the Trash bin icon and right-click on it, and click on the empty trash to remove it purely.
From the above steps, we successfully uninstalled the Discord app from Mac. Now we will remove the available files related to Discord that are cache, logs, and other unnecessary files.
- To find these files, launch the Finder app and select from the Menu bar on top. From the pop-up screen, input ‘~/Library’ in the column.
- Now delete all the remnant files associated with Discord in the following locations: Caches, Preferences, Logs, and Application Support.
How to Uninstall Discord app from Android devices
Sometimes we face the same problem in Android devices also. It doesn’t only happen with Mac or Windows devices. Google’s Android devices give a simple User Interface to work with applications. We can easily install and remove it from our devices. Let’s see how to do it.
- From the menu, find out the Discord app.
- Now, tap and hold it. Then two options will appear in front of you that is for Uninstall and Remove.
- Now, drag and drop the Discord app to Uninstall.
- The interface varies from brand to brand, but every brand provides the Uninstall option there.
We can also uninstall the Discord app from settings. To use it, we can follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Now search for the apps section. Usually, it appears in the last.
- Now tap on the Manage Apps/Installed Apps or related to that.
- You will see a bunch of installed apps. Now find the Discord app and tap on it.
- On the next screen, you will see the option of Uninstall. Tap on it, and that’s it.
How to Uninstall Discord on iPhone or iPad
In both iPad and iPhone, the same procedure will get followed to uninstall the Discord app. Both iPhone and iPad provide the same interface. In this tutorial also, we will follow two steps to uninstall the Discord with menu and settings. Let’s find out how to do it.
- Open your iPhone or iPad menu and search for the Discord app.
- Once you get the Discord app icon, tap on it for 2-3 seconds.
- On all of your applications in the menu, you will see an X sign on the icon.
- Now, tap on it. Again a confirmation message will appear in the menu. Tap on the Delete option. That’s it!
Uninstall Discord by offloading through settings.
- Unlock your phone and find the Settings icon from the application menu. Tap on it to open.
- Now your settings app opened. You will see many settings-related options in that. Tap on the General option.
- Again from the available options, tap on iPhone Storage. After that, a list of installed apps will appear.
- Look for the Discord app and tap on it. On the next screen, it will give you the option of Offload. Tap on it, and it will remove your app without losing the data.